I was just watching a program on Ice Cream. It was on the History Channel, so I imagine the information was researched, but I have a very hard time trusting one piece of information.
At the end of the program they announced the most popular ice cream flavors.
#1 Vanilla-not my favorite, but I get that a lot of people buy it for sundaes
#2 Chocolate- okay
#3 Neopolitan- NO WAY!!!! Yuck, Yuck, Yuck. I don't really mind the individual flavors, but why would you put them all together. YOu can't make up your mind? Blah! is all I have to say about that.
#4 Here's the real kicker...Butter Pecan- HELLO????? Really? Not that I mind that people like Butter Pecan, but it's the 3rd favorite across the nation? I really don't believe this.
#5 Cookies and Cream- Still not my favorite, but at least I can understand this one.
What about Rocky Road and Mint Chocolate Chip????
9 comments:
Guuuurl, I'm so with you on this! Those are my two favorites also, which you probably knew because you and I have shared a bowl or two of ice cream together. Down with Butter Pecan!!
Alright, now just BACK OFF you two! Because butter pecan is in my top five. But I'm pretty shocked that it's in the national top five. I thought I was alone in loving it.
What I will never, ever understand is why vanilla is always number 1. There is no way a bowl of vanilla with chocolate syrup even comes close to a bowl of plain chocolate. And people who prefer vanilla over chocolate are just a mystery to me. I feel like they shouldn't even be allowed to eat ice cream if they make such unwise decisions.
Clearly, I am passionate about this.
Top 5
1.) Thrify's Rocky Road
2.) Burt & Rocky's Chocolate Orange
3.) B&R's Mint Oreo
4.) Thrify's Butter Pecan
5.) Handle's Buckeye
I am so with you about the mint chocolate chip -- I LOVE that flavor! They should've had the Dole Pineapple Whip from the Tiki Room at Disneyland on the very very top. That is the freaking best ice cream I have ever tasted in all my existence! So good! I am so not a vanilla fan -- I super love Rocky Road and I'll handle neapolitan mostly because I CAN'T decide! But butter pecan? Sick.
I was not surveyed for the History Channel program, but if I were I would have been of little help to you. I cannot stand Rocky Road (walnuts??? The step child of the nut world. And marshmallows? Almost as bad as finding a raisin lurking in a cookie). I have no love for the mint chocolate chip either. I do not enjoy mint and chocolate together as a general rule, however I do like Junior Mints. Go figure.
I was not surveyed for the History Channel program, but if I were I would have been of little help to you. I cannot stand Rocky Road (walnuts??? The step child of the nut world. And marshmallows? Almost as bad as finding a raisin lurking in a cookie). I have no love for the mint chocolate chip either. I do not enjoy mint and chocolate together as a general rule, however I do like Junior Mints. Go figure.
So, what is your ice cream of choice, Wendy? I must know.
mmmm. . butter pecan. .mmmmmm
My favorites right now (because sometimes they do rotate, but owing to our recent trip to Logan I can say that these win the prize) are lemon custard and chocolate chocolate chip from the USU Dairy. My other favorite is Turkey Hill brand chocolate peanut butter, but sadly, that is only available in the Northeast...I generally am in favor of keeping things regional for diversity's sake. Also it adds to the excitement of visiting a place, but I do think, truly, that the whole country would benefit from the proliferation of Turkey Hill Chocolate Peanut Butter. I literally lived on it in Graduate School. That and Peanut M&Ms.
HA! Either I saw the same show or there was another one sharing this same strange information. As soon as I heard butter pecan, I was like, are you kidding me?!? Butter Pecan? I don't think I've ever even had butter pecan. I'm with you on the Neopolitan, not my thing.
I don't have one favorite but i do enjoy heavenly hash (better than rocky road for me because i prefer the marshmallow swirl rather than whole marshmallows), dreyer's/edy's (depending on what side of the country you're on) mint chocolate chip, and a few weeks ago I tried snickerdoodle and that was pretty good. And to Wendy, I know many people who would agree with you on the Turkey Hill Chocolate Peanut Butter.
Post a Comment