This past Saturday night was the YW Broadcast and I went to the church with a total of 5 leaders and 1 Young Woman. It was a great thing that the broadcast was so wonderful or I might have been bitter about driving in the snow to buy nylons for the event and then actually having to wear them on a Saturday evening. Also lucky for us, there were ice cream sundaes after.
During the broadcast, one of the speakers mentioned that in the old goal setting program (now known as Personal Progress) one of the experiences was to go a month without gossiping. My immediate thought was that I was grateful that that was not a current requirement or I would never make it. Then I realized how sad that was and immediately determined to jump on that bandwagon and go for a new and improved Amanda. I am now on day 4 and things are going well. Even in an attempt to be funny, I have resisted! Three cheers for me!
P.S. I just realized that it is now technically April Fool's Day (who blogs at 5am??) and I thought that many of you who know me well, might think this is a joke. Let me assure you that this is not and in fact I am trying to do the impossible!
3 comments:
Way to go. The real test for both of us will be the next time we talk on the phone.
I am so proud of you! ...I've already done some gossiping today...maybe I can start fresh tomorrow.
yes, well Rachel I wasoing to mention that we probably shouldn't talk on the phone for a month. I didn't want to out you on my blog as my fellow gossip girl. We can always try together though we will have to put certain topics on our 'do not talk about' list.
Post a Comment