Labor
1. There's no way around it
2. Your whole body will shake like you are having a seizure and there is nothing you can do about it (adrenaline)
3. Throwing up is all part of the game
4. You can't get an epidural the minute you walk in the door, thus avoiding all discomfort and pain. I'm still not sure why even though I'm sure they told me.
5. If a grumpy looking man walks in the room with a very large needle, he may not be the man for the job. (My anestisiologist jabbed bone twice and broke a blood vessel while giving me the epidural- Nasty man, but also my best friend)
6. There is no glory in pain. Take the drugs!
Motherhood
1. I have no idea what I'm doing. I never really realized just how much mothers make up as they go along.
2. If you forget to take a diaper bag to the Dr.'s office the day after you come home, they may make you feel stupid about it.
3. It takes 28x more time to get ready to leave the house with a baby
4. After having Nathan home for 4 days, I've done more of his laundry than mine
5. Breastfeeding is hell.
On a really happy note, I have the cutest baby in the universe. Mmmmmm...delicious. And seriously? That full head of hair. Couldn't be more adorable. He's already fake smiling. I really don't care if he has gas, it still just melts my heart.
7 comments:
LOVE THE PICS!!! He is so adorable! I know that everyone says that, but you and I both know there are some ugly babies...and you SO don't have one of them! He looks a little jaundice in the pic of John kissing him though.... But what a doll! You are going to be a wonderful mommy! Love your guts and GOOD JOB! Hats off to you for being able to push a human out of you....that doesn't sound pleasant, but you are amazing!
Oh, all too true. Congrats on your little guy though. It is all worth it. I'm glad to see you're doing well. Check out our blog www.staffordnook.blogspot.com
-Amy (Palmberg) Stafford
Congrats. Glad to hear everything went well. Isn't the adjustment process nuts? And I agree wholeheartedly, breastfeeding is horrible. But stick with it. Hopefully you have better luck than me.
In the picture on the left column on top, I can see Nathan came with rolls on his wrists. Nice work!
Can't wait for you to get the mixing bowls! You are going to love them. The pink one is my favorite.
True. so true-alll of it. I still feel like everywhere we go old people look at me like I have no idea what I'm doing. I remember when I forgot my purse in a shopping cart, but remembered my two children. I came back for it and a man made me feel like a dork. He actually quizzed me about what I had forgot. I saved the tears for the car. Jerk!
I was able to watch (and I mean the whole kit and Kaboodle) my little no-name nephew being born this morning, and I thought of you.
What an amazing (and scary) thing it is to have a baby! I know you and John are doing a fantastic job!!!!!!
Congratulation! i am so happy for you. You really do have the cutest baby ever!
Congrats! He is very adorable. I just love newborns. They turn your whole world upside down... but well worth it. Oh and Brestfeeding sucks for the first month or so then its wonderful! They look at you like you're the only person in the entire world while they nurse...You'll love it.
Post a Comment