Saturday, November 17, 2007

Who Has the Best Friends?

That would be me! I love you guys. Thanks for calling, emailing, the cards, and all your happy thoughts. It's kind of like when the bishop stands up after fast Sunday and says 'Thank you to all that bore their testimonies out loud or in your heart." I have never really understood that, but okay. Thank you to all of you who either called me or thought about me. And thank you to those who didn't think about me today, but will think about me on Monday and hope that I had a good birthday. I am a horrible birthday friend, so know that it still counts on Monday! I love carry over birthdays anyways.
Today was kind of anti-climactic as far as birthdays are concerned. Poor John has pink eye and I have had a horrible headache for 2 1/2 days. We did have a lovely breakfast out at noon (strawberry pancakes and hot cocoa) and then spent the rest of the day relaxing. It rained/snowed today for a bit.
I usually set my New Year's Resolutions on my birthday because I always feel like my birthday is a better time to start fresh than January 1, so here goes with my goals, just in case you are curious.
1) Read my scriptures everyday!
2) Send more cards and letters. This was started when I received Laura's card in the mail and now we have become pen pals. I say that in hopes that she will get the hint that I would like to keep receiving mail from her. Other cards are also welcome. My new quest is to find cute cards and remember friend's birthdays. So, if you could all email me your addresses and birthdays, I could be a better friend. You can thank Laura!
3) Finish my quilt! Or pay someone else to finish it for me, but either way I would like the quilt on my bed by the end of next year.
4) Enjoy cooking. You are all thinking that this would take a miracle. That is true, but luckily I believe in miracles. You sexy thing. Sorry I just started singing. We have purchased a bunch of food storage stuff and I have a fabulous new book about growing a better garden next year (thanks Liz) so I am planning on becoming the next Paula Deen. Wait, does she use veggies or just butter? Anyway, you get the idea. So start praying for the miracle.
Those are pretty much my goals. Thanks again for being such wonderful friends.

3 comments:

Laura said...

We are SO pen pals...the next one is coming!!

Paula Deen does use veggies, but only if they're cooked or dipped in butter. It still counts though!

Liz the Poet said...

Sorry to hear about your headache. I know the agony that can bring. And I'm glad you like the book. I'll be looking forward to pictures of your garden this spring! I'll have to live my garden fantasies vicariously through you!!

Heather said...

I hope that it counts if i wish you a happy birthday on wed..."Happy Birthday!!" I was thinking of you on your actual birthday, I'm just a super slacker.
I Love your idea of making resolutions on your b-day instead of new years day. I might have to copy you! If only my birthday wasnt almost a whole year away...I'll probably forget by then! ;-)