Thursday, September 29, 2011

Friends

Nathan and I have been in Texas for a month now. We joined John and have been exploring the Dallas/Fort Worth Area together. We have begun to find routines and a small sense of homeiness in our hotel room. One thing that neither Nathan or I are comfortable with is the absense of our friends.
Every single day, Nathan talks about his friends and asks to go to their house or to play with them. I've often watched Nathan at the park, mall play area or at a friend's house. It's so interesting to me that almost instantly, he can pick out those people that he is drawn to. I don't know what it is that draws small children together, but there is no question about it, he knows who he likes. I watch him and hope that he always chooses well when it come to friends. I want him to have good friends who help him to be better. I want him to have fun friends that make him laugh. I want him to have friends that comfort him and help him when things in life are challenging. I never want him to feel alone or without someone who would do anything to help him. I want these things for him because that is what I have in my friends. I miss so many of my friends and am filled with gratitude for having been so blessed for so long by wonderful, wonderful people!

2 comments:

Lori Davis said...

It is such a gift to find good friends and I know I wish that for all of my kids too. We miss you so much around here and I am SO LUCKY to have you as my friend. Love you!

Char and Chris said...

Right back at cha girly. I feel SO lucky to have you as a friend. Words can't descirbe.....