So today I returned to the spot of yesterdays meltdown. Cousins sandwich and ice cream shoppe. (I'm not spelling it that way to seem fancy, that is the way they spell it.)
I gave them another chance to pull some Rocky Road out of a hat and make me a happy woman. They failed me again, but I forged ahead and bought Mint Avalanche- quite satisfactory.
At said sandwich shoppe, they have little punch cards. Buy 10 sandwiches, get one free. We like these sandwiches and have redeemed many cards. Well, I looked in my wallet and found two punch cards. One had 6 punches and one had 4. So, happy day, right? Not so fast.
Minimum wage does not guarantee the smartest cookies in the batch. So I hand the girl my two cards. She looks confused and hands them back to me and says 'You have to fill them up.' What? Really? So, I inform her that together they have 10 punches. (i.e. give me my free sandwich.) She stills seems confused but closes the window and goes away to get my stuff. I guess she turned over the reigns to another smarty pants, who ran my debit card and handed me my card and two punch cards. Not my original ones, but a new one that had combined all 10 punches and a new on with a punch for my 'free' sandwich. I thought maybe it was good luck and he had given me my free sandwich AND a full punch card. Nope, he charged me for the sandwich and gave me somehow simplified punch cards.
I didn't have the heart to tell him that he and the other girl were morons. Next time I'll actually say the 'i.e. give me my free sandwich' bit.
Until then, don't try this sort of trickery in your neck of the woods.
3 comments:
Rediculous! Everyone knows you comgine cards. No wonder they can't find the Rocky Road in the back.
Awesome! I read a story recently about a woman who went to McDonald's and tried to pay for her $3.75 meal with $5.25. The girl looked really confused and called her manager. The manager came over, checked out the situation and said, "I'm sorry, we don't do that here." So she paid with her $5 bill and they gave her $1.25 in change. Hello!
Wait, I'm not sure my math is right on that last one, but you get the idea.
Post a Comment